Familiarise your students with the history of the Galapagos giant tortoise. This section begins with the history of the tortoise in Galapagos, whose conservation will be the main theme of this chapter.
- To learn about the history of the Galapagos giant tortoise and the reasons for their dramatic decline.
- To understand the threats that tortoises currently face.
- To be able to explain why and how tortoise populations were exploited.
- To identify threats that may currently affect tortoise populations.
- To recognise the need for conservation of the Galapagos giant tortoise.
Get the lesson here.
Visit the Teacher Zone to see all teaching resources.